How to make a bootable Windows flash drive (Windows) 10
- Method 1: Use the UltralSO Program
- Method 2: Use the WinToFlash Utility
- Method 3: Using the Rufus application
- Method 4: Media Creation Tool application
Today, such media as DVDs fade into the background, giving way to more progressive media. One of them is a flash drive, which has a much greater speed, convenience and, which is important, a smaller size than regular floppy disks. In this regard, many users are beginning to wonder about the creation of a bootable flash drive, for further installation of the system on a computer.
UltraISO how to create a bootable USB flash drive - detailed instructions
How to create a bootable flash drive Windows XP
How to make a bootable USB flash drive with Windows 8
There are various methods by which you can perform a similar procedure. Some of them use software from Microsoft, and others use special utilities that can be installed from the Internet. Let's look at some of the most common options for performing this process.
Method 1: Use the UltralSO Program
This is a fairly common utility among users, which will easily cope with the task. Unfortunately, the original version of the application is paid, but it has powerful functionality and a Russian-language interface. Let's look at how to use this utility.
- Launch the program and find the Windows image using integrated explorer.
- In the top menu of the main window, click on the “Load” block.
- In the pop-up list, click on the “Burn Hard Disk Image ...” section .
- You will see a new tab with the name of the device to load. Make sure that the correct drive is specified and click on the “Write” message.
Method 2: Use the WinToFlash Utility
Thanks to this application, you can create multiple boot versions of the system on a single drive. A huge advantage of the program among analogs is the presence of the Russian version, as well as the ability to use the utility for free. The procedure for creating a bootable flash drive as follows.
- Install the application and activate it on the PC.
- Immediately when you open the program, specify the mode to work. Novice users are advised to choose the “Transfer Wizard” option.
- In the first tab that opens, click on the "Next" button.
- After the “Basic parameters” window appears, check the box next to “I have an ISO image or archive” and click on the “Next” sign.
- In the "Path to Windows files" column , specify the location of the image with the system and make sure that the correct drive is used for recording.
Method 3: Using the Rufus application
This is a fairly popular small program that is absolutely free and has a Russian interface. Its invaluable advantage is extremely simple functionality, which allows even a novice user to quickly cope with the creation of a device for installing the OS. Work is carried out in just a few steps.
- Launch the program and in its main window find the image definition icon. It is located opposite the item "Create bootable disk . "
- Click on the "Start" button.
Method 4: Media Creation Tool application
Especially for the creation of bootable devices by Microsoft has developed its own program. When using this utility, there is no need to pre-search for the OS image, since the application independently installs the current version from the Internet. This process looks like this:
- Go to the official Microsoft website and download the program.
- Activate the utility as a PC administrator.
- You will see a license agreement. Read the software usage rules and click "Accept" .
- In the next window, enter the product key.
- In the tab that opens, check the box next to “Create installation media for another computer” .
- Click on the "Next" button.
- In the next tab, select the column "USB flash memory device" and click "Next . "
- Make sure you use the correct drive for the installation, and then go to the next window.
- Wait until the installation is complete. The most important thing is having a stable internet connection.
As you can see, creating a bootable USB flash drive is quite simple. After reading the information provided in this article, any PC user can perform the necessary procedure. Remember that funds from a manufacturer’s company are not always the easiest and most convenient option, sometimes it’s much easier to use a third-party program.